Switzerland is again the next place to go for immersive storytelling and innovation in XR this fall, with a new branding: Crans-Montana Forum becomes the Crans-Montana World XR Forum (link), September 5th-9th 2019, with this year the International Air Transport Association (IATA) as main sponsor.
Immersive Experiences Exhibition
- SEA OF TRANQUILITY (CH) – Pierre Friquet (Grand Winner of Crans-Montana’s Artist Residency in 2018)
- THE KEY (US) – Céline Tricart
- LAST WHISPERS (US) – Lena Herzorg
- ALONE (FR) – Mathias Chelebourg
- KAIJU CONFIDENTIAL – Blake Anderson, Paul F. Tompkins
- CONSCIOUS EXISTENCE – Felix Fahle
- LES INVISIBLES – Georgik & the VR magic team
- LUCID – Breaking Fourth
Crans-Montana World XR Forum – Speakers 2019
- JAROSLAV BECK (CZ) – Co-Founder and CEO at Beat Games s.r.o.
- MICHAEL LUDDEN (US) – Head of Developer Advocacy and Principal Augmented Reality Product Advocate at Bose Corporation
- GUILLAUME BRUNET (ESP) – Innovation & Content Project Manager at Orange
- JINGSHU CHEN (CN) – Co-founder & CPO of VeeR VR (veer.tv)
- ANDREW DICKERSON (US) – Senior Director of Software Engineering for Samsung VR
- JOANNA POPPER (US) – Directrice Monde HP XR
And much more than that, Crans-Montana World XR Forum will evolve around a bunch of events, including a Hackaton, a neuroscience Opera (Saturday, 7) with 300 people synchronized by virtual reality, a Samsung Concert VR Live (Sunday, 8) of the American rock band The Used filmed with 9360 (!) cameras. Pick yours.
The primary mission of the World XR Forum is to connect actors from the economic, scientific, academic and creative spheres of virtual / augmented / mixed reality (VR/AR/MR) and new technologies by encouraging collaboration at the crossroad of various industries. The forum aims to support and promote the innovative potential of XR in Switzerland by introducing the best immersive content to professionals and democratizing their access to the general public.