Arthouse Asia is an annual breeding space of independent filmmakers. Over the years independent filmmaking has changed a lot, Asian independent filmmaking market is increasing steadily.
The Past has taught us “United we stand, divide we fall”. Arthouse Asia is an effort to unite worldwide independent filmmakers in a single platform. We know the path is not an easy way but we believe independent filmmaking is the true way of practicing art through filmmaking medium. The studio system is a money generating system, it does not allow experimentation as it always tends to follow the already established monetary model.
So we believe independent filmmaking is the future of filmmaking. (link)
ARTHOUSE ASIA 2019 – VR
- Filamu – Maud Clavier (France)
- Plomo, Journey of a Bullet – Giulia Jimenez (USA)
- Acrobatic Conundrum – Gary Yost (USA)
- Disappearance: Hong Kong Stories – Shannon Walsh (Canada, Hong Kong)
- Journey of Gold – Jenn Duong (USA)
- Other People’s Trouble – Stanislav Shelestov (Russia)